Young nettle cabbage soup – In the understanding of many people, nettle is just a prickly weed that grows everywhere. And not everyone knows what advantages this wonderful herb has in itself. Nettle is widely used for medicinal purposes, but its qualities do not end there. It is good to rinse the hair with a decoction of nettle to strengthen the hair follicle, dried nettle leaves give the tea a special, summer aroma, and what delicious cabbage soup can be made from young nettle.
In a word, the benefits of this herb are obvious.
Therefore, today, we will consider a step-by-step recipe for making vegetarian cabbage soup from young nettle.
But soon, we’ll take a look at the step-by-step preparation of vegetarian nettle soup, so check our heading and don’t miss this recipe.
Perhaps someone will ask what is the difference between cabbage soup and nettle soup? The difference is in the ingredients, and the soup and soup from this healthy herb are completely different in taste.
Nettle is a low-calorie plant – 24.8 kcal.
100 grams of nettle contains:
Protein – 1.5 g;
Fat – 0 mg;
Carbohydrates – 5.0 mg;
As well as the necessary vitamins A, B1, B2, PP, C, and such irreplaceable elements for the body as iron, iodine, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus.
Just do not collect it in the city, along the roads, in busy places.
[su_posts template=”templates/list-loop.php” posts_per_page=”3″ tax_term=”193″ order=”desc” orderby=”rand”]
Young nettle cabbage soup: recipe
- Potatoes – 160 grams;
- Bay leaf – 1 piece;
- Purified water – 450 milliliters;
- Fresh carrots – 50 grams;
- Sweet pepper – 40 grams;
- Fresh tomato – 40 grams;
- Butter – 40 grams;
- Fresh nettle – 20 grams;
- Fresh lemon – 1/2 thin wedge;
- Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon;
- Black peppercorns – 1/4 teaspoon;
- Seasoning “Universal” – 1/2 teaspoon.
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into small pieces, put them in a saucepan, rinse them to a state of clean water, add water and set them to boil together with bay leaves;
2. Peel the carrots, cut into thin strips and set to simmer in butter;
3. Cut sweet pepper into thin strips and send to stew with carrots;
4. Cut the tomato into small cubes and simmer together with carrots and peppers until the moisture is completely evaporated;
5. Put the stewed vegetables, salt, ground black pepper in the mill, the “Universal” seasoning in the potato broth and cook until all vegetables are fully cooked;
6. Wash the nettle leaves, chop finely and send them to a saucepan with vegetables, cook for one minute, remove the pan from the burner, squeeze lemon juice into it, mix and let it brew for one or two minutes;
Our delicious and healthy vegetarian young nettle cabbage soup is ready.
Optionally, the cabbage soup can be seasoned with sour cream or vegetarian mayonnaise.
The above ingredients make two large servings.
Good meal, friends!