A man had two sons. And the younger of them said to his father:
– Father! Give me my next share of the estate.
And the father divided the estate for them.
After a few days, the younger son, having collected everything, went to the far side and there he squandered his property, living dissolutely. When he had lived through everything, there came a great famine in that country, and he began to be in need. And he went and joined himself to one of the inhabitants of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed pigs. And he was glad to fill his belly with the horns that the pigs ate, but no one gave him. Coming to his senses, he said:
– How many mercenaries my father has in abundance with bread, and I am dying of hunger. I will get up, go to my father and say to him: “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you and am no longer worthy to be called your son. Take me among your mercenaries. “
He got up and went to his father. And when he was still far away, his father saw him and took pity; and running, fell on his neck and kissed him. The son said to him:
– Father! I have sinned against heaven and before you, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.
And the father said to his slaves:
– Bring the best clothes and dress him, and give a ring on his hand and shoes on his feet; and bring the fatted calf, and kill; let’s eat and have fun! For this my son was dead and revived, was lost and is found.
And they began to have fun.
His eldest son was in the field, and returning, when he approached the house, he heard singing and exultation, and calling one of the servants, he asked:
– What it is?
He told him:
– Your brother came, and your father killed the fattened calf, because he received him healthy.
He got angry and did not want to enter. But his father went out and called him. But he said in response to his father:
– Here, I have been serving you for so many years, and have never violated your orders, but you never gave me a goat to have fun with my friends. And when this son of yours, who squandered his property with harlots, came, you killed a fatted calf for him.
He said to him:
– My son! You are always with me, and all mine is yours, but about that it was necessary to rejoice and be merry, that your brother was dead and came to life, disappeared and was found