ABOUT and the man came to the elder and said:
– I would like to love God – teach me!
The teacher replied:
– Tell me first, have you loved anyone before?
The man said:
– I am not interested in worldly affairs – love and everything else. I want to come to God.
The elder said again:
– Remember again: did you love at least one woman, at least one child – at least someone?
The man replied:
– I already told you: I am a religious person, and not an ordinary layman. I am only interested in the path to God.
– While this is impossible: first you must love someone, – said the elder. – This will be your first step. You ask about the top, but you yourself have not stepped on the first step. Go and love someone at least.