When we make a decision, it seems to us that we are consciously making a choice. This is often not the case, the choice becomes just a natural consequence of the processing of the information flow that we receive through the media. You can talk about the dangers of abortion, discourage women who have come to the antenatal clinic for a referral for an abortion …
But, unfortunately, all this is no longer work with the cause, but with the effect. The source of the problem is hidden in those values and models of behavior that are purposefully formed in modern society.
According to the theory of social modeling, people acquire attitudes, master emotional reactions and new types of behavior by copying the behavior of television and movie characters. The task of social modeling is to create, with the help of the mass media, a person with predetermined norms of behavior. This happens in much the same way as in laboratories using pleasant and unpleasant stimuli to model the behavior of rats. Just a few decades ago, a large, prosperous family was considered happiness, girls dreamed of it from a very young age. Why have the landmarks changed now? And what are they?
The value orientation of modern civilization is material wealth and sensual pleasure. A global concept is created: children are a hindrance in the pursuit of pleasure. A terrible worldview is imposed by the media, according to which, “pregnancy” is “flying”, and children are a problem that somehow needs to be solved, the idea that personal comfort is always more important than motherhood. Let’s see what “blue screens” or “glossy magazines” make us believe.
- That we need to consume as many goods and services as possible, without this we will be inferior, and children interfere with this. We now live in an overly saturated world. More goods are produced than needed. Mountains of clothes, tons of furniture, dishes, pots, walking sticks – an ocean of things that is impossible even to imagine. For ease of marketing, various methods were thought of. Unnecessary needs are forcibly inculcated: buying a new phone model every year, “fashionable” things, etc. From TV screens and from the pages of magazines, we are constantly told: “You must consume as much as possible, otherwise you will not be full.” Man ceases to be “the measure of all things,” and things become the measure of man. Of course, with this approach, the child is perceived as a competitor in the consumption process. One has to pay for material goods and the family budget will have to be divided with one additional “consumer”.
- There is a second approach – when children are presented as a way to demonstrate their material well-being and social status. In fact, they become dolls. The toddler is dressed up in jeans, before he even learned to sit normally, the girls’ ears are pierced at two years old to insert fashionable earrings. And from the age of three they have been buying iPhones and tablets in order to be no worse than “Seryozha’s mother, who does not earn so much.” Whereas the argument in favor of abortion is “I can’t provide it with dignity.” In fact, the baby does not need all this – he only needs a little love and attention. “Five years ago I didn’t let my friend have an abortion, promising her that if she gave birth, then I would help her to educate. Now my goddaughter Dashula is 5 years old.
- She is a smart and beautiful girl beyond her years. A friend’s salary is 3,500 rubles, mine is even less (as I promised her, I help her as much as I can), nevertheless the child gets what she needs most – the love of a mother who has never regretted her birth. ” The idea is imposed on us that happiness is connected precisely with the process of consumption, that it will come when a second car, a new gadget appears … But for some reason more and more new needs arise, but “saturation” does not occur.
- Simply because happiness lies not in consuming and taking for ourselves, but in giving as much as possible – and this is precisely the opportunity that children give us. A person, even for half a minute admitting the idea that the idea of consumption could be imposed on him, gets the freedom to choose happiness according to his taste.
2. If you give up children, you will become successful. Many, especially Western, films and TV shows inspire us that all women are divided into backward, dry housewives, fiddling with children and not representing anything interesting from themselves, and successful business women who really took place in life. How many modern films show stories centered on the attractive image of the mother? We are given a message about a “fertile cattle” that is not capable of anything other than reproduction. And in numerous media outlets various options for women’s realizations are displayed – career, business, politics … except for one programmed by nature – realizing her as a mother.
- At the same time, the stamp “having many children is a synonym for poverty” is being introduced. Those who decided to abandon children are presented as a kind of elite (we add, of course, selfish, and not thinking about anyone but herself), able to think and shape her life on her own. The reality is multifaceted, and often shows a completely different picture – a lot of embittered business women are trying to pretend that they are satisfied with their successes, and women who have found joy in the family are calm and happy.
- Liana Dimiroshkina gives the following example: “Imagine: you are a cool business woman, director and prime minister, and you just signed a very lucrative contract and came home. And at home a note from her husband: “Let your lawyer turn to mine – we are getting a divorce; yes, by the way, our 13-year-old daughter is pregnant, resolve issues. ” So what is the price of your success? Or another situation: at work you have troubles, they scolded you in the tail and mane, but then you came home, and your husband says: “Honey, we have seven years of acquaintance today, let’s go to a cafe”.
- Children immediately run, bring their drawings as a gift – you understand that you are surrounded by love. And what is the price of that trouble? ” In fact, a happy family life only helps a woman to realize herself in all other areas: “The birth of my son influenced me so much that I discovered my creativity, got an education and found my favorite job. Truly, children inspire! ” “Soon my friend’s son will be 12 years old !!! She was not scared then, like me, and gave birth to a boy. One, she studied at the institute, lived on the neck of her parents, did not work. So what? Now she has a handsome son, a smart girl, she studies in the best gymnasium, an excellent student, the joy of her mother.
- The girlfriend herself looks great, everyone thinks that this is not a son, but a younger brother. We are not yet 30. She graduated from college, found a good job, bought an apartment and found a man who became her husband and loves them with her son immensely !!! A child is never a hindrance !!! Man is happy !!! And I am suffering from the fact that I have deprived myself of this … My child would have been a little more. ” On the contrary, internal dissatisfaction and failure as a woman and a mother usually acts as a time bomb, gradually undermining both career and health, including mental health.
3. The most important thing in this life is to have time to get the maximum possible amount of pleasure (“Take everything from life”). The child in this case acts as an unnecessary restriction of freedom, something that interferes with enjoying life. Many examples can be cited, but most likely, everyone already has magical resorts and sea coasts in front of their eyes, which have been shown to us in commercials thousands of times.
- But we will look at this problem with the example of the imposition of early sex. Both movies and magazines promote sexual promiscuity in every possible way, presenting as a reward and strengthened health, and defeated complexes, and the credibility earned among peers. It is strongly suggested that safe sex and masturbation are extremely beneficial, and monogamous family relationships for the purpose of having children are boredom and routine. They are opposed to sex, as an eternal entertainment without worries and most importantly without children. With this approach, children are what interferes with enjoyment, a by-product. Where does this approach lead? A person who is too carried away by sexual pleasure, and this is really a very strong drug that can overshadow everything else, can no longer be realized either as a family man, or as a scientist, or as a social activist.
- He simply does not have energy left – all of it goes to sex. The media strives to portray sex as the single most important fulfillment of life. But those who conduct such propaganda are interested in the fact that in the life of an ordinary member of society there is nothing but sex. capable of overshadowing everything else, can no longer be realized either as a family man, or as a scientist, or as a social activist. He simply does not have energy left – all of it goes to sex. The media strives to portray sex as the single most important fulfillment of life. But those who conduct such propaganda are interested in the fact that in the life of an ordinary member of society there is nothing but sex.
- Capable of overshadowing everything else, can no longer be realized either as a family man, or as a scientist, or as a social activist. He simply does not have energy left – all of it goes to sex. The media strives to portray sex as the single most important fulfillment of life. But those who conduct such propaganda are interested in the fact that in the life of an ordinary member of society there is nothing but sex.
Family, children, motherhood – everything fades into the background. Of course, following the slogan “take everything from life”, it is worth having an abortion and continuing to enjoy sex further, because this is the most pleasant thing we have. But anyone who has experienced at least some kind of joy, besides the satisfaction of his lust, for example, at least the joy of raising children, will say that there are much more interesting things in this world. But those who are addicted to sex risk never knowing about them. We have considered just a few patterns imposed on us from the outside, unconsciously following which, we shape our life. In fact, there are many more of these patterns, and many of them are equally negative. What to do? In order to act adequately, reasonably and humanely, in order not to act like a puppet in the hands of others, it is necessary to protect oneself from the influence of the media.