Before talking about the benefits and possible harm, it is worth deciding what exactly will be discussed. Honey water is a special drink made from warm water and natural honey. Components for the preparation of honey water are taken in certain proportions – no more than 30% honey from 60% water. Different recipes for making honey water give specific numbers that depend on the goals and characteristics of the reasons why it was decided to use water with honey. In some cases, a drop of lemon or lime juice, a sprig of mint, or cucumber juice are added to the water. However, the usual classic honey water, which is usually consumed on an empty stomach, consists of pure water and honey.
Last Updated: January 20, 2022 (A few hours ago…)
Separately, it should be said that honey must be chosen carefully! For the preparation of healing honey water, only natural honey is needed. A low-quality product with various impurities or even a complete imitation of honey will not have the expected effect, and in some situations may even harm.
There are contraindications, a specialist consultation is required
Benefits of honey water on an empty stomach in the morning
Having decided to drink a glass of water with honey on an empty stomach, the benefits of which are very great for the body, it is important to follow a number of rules:
- It is necessary to drink honey water 30 minutes before meals (preferably not earlier and not later).
- This mixture is drunk immediately after preparation. Do not put honey water in the refrigerator or leave it for later. The product loses its properties from long-term storage.
- Honey water is not tea, juice, or any other kind of everyday drink. This water is drunk for a number of purposes, not just to get drunk.
- You can drink honey water before bedtime. Honey relaxes the nervous system and has a mild hypnotic effect.
- Honey can only be diluted with warm water, not exceeding a temperature of 36-37 degrees. Hot water will “dissolve” all the benefits. Many people know that high temperatures cause honey to lose its beneficial qualities.
- For the preparation of honey water, it is advisable to take spring, settled or filtered clean water.
- Honey water is slightly sweet. Do not disturb the proportions and add too much honey. The goal is to create a healthy drink, not a dessert cocktail. The allowed maximum is 30 g of honey per 200 ml of water.
These are some simple rules that will help you make the right honey water and drink it in accordance with the recommendations.
So why does everyone appreciate and love honey water so much? This combination has a huge spectrum of action! The fact is that honey itself is almost an elixir of health and vigor. And honey, dissolved in warm water, is absorbed by the human body much more fully than just a natural product. This, of course, is beneficial to the body.
- Stabilizes blood pressure.
- Calms the nervous system.
- Saturates the body with vitamins and minerals.
- Promotes vigor and improves performance.
- Improves metabolism.
- Improves the digestive tract.
- Improves intestinal motility.
- Provides a mild laxative effect.
- Disinfects microflora.
- Forms a strong immune barrier.
- Removes toxins and neutralizes free radicals.
- Has anti-inflammatory effect.
- Blocks spasms and headaches.
- Coats the mucous membranes of the stomach.
- Charges with positive energy.
- Forms protection for musculoskeletal tissues.
- Increases the elasticity of tissues, blood vessels.
- It has an antioxidant effect.
Different people drink honey water in the morning on an empty stomach for different purposes. Let’s list the most popular options.
Slimming. Honey water is a fat blocker. This combination speeds up metabolism, forms a favorable background for the digestive tract after a morning meal. Nutritionists recommend drinking honey water in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast. This will help you to lose and not gain extra pounds without any diets and exhausting workouts.
For digestion. People with gastrointestinal problems often use honey water on an empty stomach in order to protect the stomach lining and ensure a comfortable digestion process. Honey water really has a positive effect on the digestive system. However, in the presence of characteristic problems along with honey water in the morning, it is important to follow the prescribed diet.
To protect against viruses and bacteria. There are legends about the protective ability of honey during colds and viral diseases. Indeed, even doctors recommend eating a spoonful of natural honey on an empty stomach in the morning in order to protect yourself from diseases. Honey water is a more effective option, since honey with water is quickly and well absorbed. Such a remedy, in the absence of allergies and other contraindications, can be used by both adults and children.
With low pressure and no strength. For people with low blood pressure, honey water can help them feel energized. This product stabilizes pressure and gives strength. Having drunk honey water in the morning on an empty stomach, you can quickly tone up and get the necessary charge of efficiency.
For insomnia. People with insomnia will appreciate the mild action of honey water. After drinking a glass of honey water (1-2 teaspoons of honey with 200 ml of warm water) before bedtime on an empty stomach, you can quickly relax and fall asleep. Sleep after such water is even, calm, healthy. It is not forbidden to use the product for 10-14 days, if there is no individual intolerance to honey.
For youth and beauty. Drinking water diluted with honey is good for your appearance! This drink has a mild antioxidant effect, disinfects, improves tissue elasticity, and has a healing effect on hair follicles and nails. Honey water creates a protective barrier for the development of caries and stomatitis. If you drink this water every day, you can improve the complexion, prevent the development of wrinkles and increase the shine in the eyes!
This is just a small list of what you can achieve by drinking water with honey on an empty stomach in the morning. It has been proven that people using such a remedy have a stronger immune system. They get sick less often and more easily. Appearance also changes for the better. Efficiency and good mood come naturally. Honey water is good for a number of chronic diseases, as a prophylaxis of exacerbations and as a means of giving a mild therapeutic effect. However, before using such methods of dealing with ailments, it is important to consult with your doctor about the permissibility of drinking honey water for a specific disease.
List of contraindications
It is important to consider that there are a number of contraindications that need to be taken into account when wanting to try honey water.
- Allergy to honey and bee products.
- Acute period of food allergy.
- Hypertension in the acute phase.
- Bowel disorder.
- Poisoning with toxic substances or food.
- Children under 3 years old.
- Pregnancy and lactation period.
If you have any doubts, it is important to ask a question to a specialist. Also, when trying the remedy for the first time, it is better to do it carefully (starting with small volumes), carefully observing the reaction of the body.
Here is such an inexpensive and effective way to heal your body and get a boost of vigor! If you have a positive attitude to honey and did not find your situations in the list of contraindications, give it a try! You might like this remedy.