common loosestrife or Verbeynik Ordinary, lasagne (lazoўka) (Lysimachia vulgaris) is the most common species on the planet, it is also called Bazhanovites, meadow tea or penny grass, is quite famous among the people and has found its practical application since the times of Ancient Rus.
In Nature, there are more than a hundred species of this unique plant (loosestrife, oak loosestrip, spotted loosestrife and others), which is widespread in many territories of our vast Motherland, prefers spacious meadows near water bodies or swamps, grows in forest glades, where there is little sunshine, but a lot of moisture.
Last Updated: January 20, 2022 (A few hours ago…)
Beautiful, rich, yellow loosestrife flowers similar to bright stars bloom in late May-early June and bloom almost all summer, until autumn, giving the surrounding nature a special, sunny brightness and beauty. Therefore, amateur flower growers do not deprive their attention of this perennial plant, using it as an ornament in their backyard plots to decorate flower beds and flower beds, as well as around artificial reservoirs.
The loosestrife also gained its respect from beekeepers as a honey plant. Possessing a delicate floral aroma, thanks to a large number of essential oils, this plant attracts bees flying by with its flowers.
There are contraindications, specialist advice is required
But this wonderful herb is known not only in the vastness of Russia. Verbeinik has found its widespread use among specialists in Tibetan and Chinese medicine, where it enjoys great success.
Unfortunately, this plant is very difficult to multiply and take root, therefore, when preparing raw materials on your own as a medicine or just an additive to herbal teas, you should remember that it must be plucked extremely carefully in order to preserve this gift of nature as much as possible.
The medicinal properties of common loosestrife
Due to its rich nutrients necessary for the full functioning of the human body, this wonderful plant is successfully used in folk medicine. Verbeynik is a storehouse of biochemical components that have a beneficial effect on the healing processes of the human body. For example:
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) enhances immunity, calms the nervous system.
- Arginine improves the functioning of the nervous system, increases resistance to excitement, panic, eliminates obsessive fears, anxiety phobias, stress.
- Rutin (vitamin P) lowers blood pressure, prevents platelets from sticking together, strengthens capillary walls, improves blood supply, relaxes blood vessels.
Due to the rich composition of macro- and microelements, organic acids, carbohydrates, flavonoids, essential oils that have a beneficial effect on the human body, loosestrife is successfully and effectively used to obtain the following results important for human health:
- It has a beneficial effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract, relieves stomach cramps.
- It removes harmful toxins and toxins from the body, helps cleanse the liver and kidneys.
- It has a therapeutic effect in diseases of the oral cavity – with the appearance of ulcers of stomatitis and throat disease with angina.
- Relieves headaches.
- Gently eliminates diarrhea, improving bowel function in general.
- Normalizes blood composition, which prevents its excessive thinning.
- It has antiseptic properties, which contributes to the rapid restoration of the skin with various damage to the skin and tissues, as well as the healing of pustules, wounds, burns, eczema.
- It has a tonic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral effect.
- Stops minor bleeding in case of damage to the skin with the help of lotions with freshly squeezed juice.
- It dilutes phlegm and removes it from the respiratory system, facilitates the breathing process for various diseases of the bronchopulmonary system.
- Relieves pain and swelling with bruises, dislocations, sprains when applying bandages with grass gruel to damaged areas.
- Promotes rapid recovery after severe illnesses, relieves weakness, improves the general condition and mood of a person.
- Strengthens the walls of capillaries and blood vessels, making them elastic and more durable.
- Improves metabolism as well as the digestion process, which prevents the appearance of fatty deposits.
- Strengthens the performance of the immune system, increasing resistance to various bacterial and viral diseases.
- Eliminates insomnia, strengthens sleep.
- It is a choleretic agent, improves the functioning of the liver, bile ducts.
Verbeynik ordinary: contraindications for use
Like all herbs used in herbal medicine, this plant, having a wide chemical composition, can provide not only positive dynamics in the healing of the body, but also cause harm when used uncontrollably. Therefore, an individual approach and attention to existing diseases should be applied for each person:
- High blood clotting.
- Hepatic and renal failure.
- High blood pressure.
- The tendency to form blood clots.
- Dry cough with colds of the upper respiratory tract.
Although common loosestrife helps in the treatment of many diseases and is not a toxic plant, even in the absence of the above diseases, loosestrife should not be used at all or used with extreme caution and only on the recommendation of the attending specialist doctor in the following situations:
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Individual intolerance.
Common verbeynik: application in traditional medicine
Since this plant is not poisonous, in the absence of serious chronic diseases, it can be used by almost everyone, but only with the approval of the attending specialist doctor, in order to exclude harm to the body and select a specific dosage.
Due to its unique properties in folk medicine, loosestrife is widely used and has a positive effect on the human body. This wonderful herb has also found its significant place in cosmetology.
After shampooing, rinse the hair with a broth from loosestrife, this not only accelerates hair growth, but also strengthens the hair follicles and prevents their loss and premature baldness, makes the hair softer, silky and shiny. In addition, a loose leaf decoction eliminates the manifestations of dandruff, having a beneficial effect on the scalp.
Also, with a decoction of this plant, you can wash your face and décolleté, this makes the skin smooth and taut, and also eliminates skin rashes in the form of acne and blackheads on the face.
When curing diseases for internal use, loosestrife is used in the form of infusions and decoctions; for external use, they make gruel for compresses and freshly squeezed juice for drops. For preventive purposes, in the absence of serious chronic diseases and contraindications, this plant can be used in the manufacture of herbal tea, since the loosestrife contains a large amount of essential oils. Also, herbal tea from this wonderful plant has a pleasant aroma and delicate, beautiful color.
There are generally accepted norms for preparing a healing drink from loosestrife: 1 teaspoon of dry raw materials is poured into a thermos, 200 milliliters of hot water is poured, tightly closed with a lid and infused for 15–20 minutes.
To improve the taste and aroma, this plant can be mixed with other medicinal herbs in equal proportions, such as black currant leaves, strawberries, raspberries and other plants.
Since herbal medicine has become quite popular nowadays, in almost every pharmacy you can buy any herb that has a healing effect on the human body. Verbeinik is no exception and is dispensed without a doctor’s prescription.
However, having a wide distribution throughout the territory of our country, it can be harvested independently. The flowers, leaves and stems of the plant are medicinal. The collection of medicinal raw materials should be carried out in dry weather and dried in a ventilated room out of the reach of sunlight. But you should not store too much grass for future use, since this plant has a shelf life of only one year.
Possessing such unique biochemical components, with strict adherence to the recommendations from the attending specialist, the loosestrife is able to effectively provide healing assistance to the human body.
After reading the description of this wonderful herb, we can fairly say that the loosestrife has the right to a worthy place in the home medicine cabinet.
We draw your attention to the fact that it is advisable to eliminate any problematic at three levels: physical, energetic and spiritual . The recipes contained in the article are not a guarantee of recovery. The information provided (based on the experience of traditional and modern medicine on the multifaceted action of herbal remedies) should be considered as helpful, but not as a guarantee.
Consult with a specialist (doctor) beforehand