Familiar from childhood, favorite drink of many – apple juice! Probably, it is difficult to come up with something more accessible and simpler. This drink is delicious. It refreshes and energizes. For many, the benefits of apple juice for the body are obvious. And yet, while consuming such a drink on a regular basis, it is important to reflect on the question of whether apple juice is actually good for you. We also conducted a small analysis of the benefits and harms of natural apple juice. Details in this article.
Apple juice: benefits and harms to the body
First, let’s decide which juice is worth talking about? Only about a natural freshly squeezed drink made from fresh, ripe apples! Everything else is not juices. And it makes no sense to expect great benefit from them.
The benefits of apple juice are due to its composition. By squeezing ripe fruit pulp, we preserve almost all vitamins and minerals in full. And useful substances in the form of juice are absorbed faster and more completely.
Apple juice contains:
- vitamins of group “B”;
- vitamins “A”, “C”, “E”, “PP”, “H”;
- minerals (chlorine, iron, manganese, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, fluorine, copper, zinc, cobalt, iodine).
For 100 grams of product:
- carbohydrates – 11.4 grams;
- proteins – 0.1 grams;
- fat – 0 grams.
The total amount of calories is 48 Kcal.
The quantitative content of vitamins and other useful microelements varies depending on the variety, degree of ripeness and freshness of the fruit. The version of the juice, which it was decided to prepare, also matters. You can make juice with pulp, or you can choose a regular, well-strained fresh juice. It is recommended to drink only fresh juice, without heat treatment and other types of influence. It is not stored for a long time, but only such a drink retains all the benefits.
Apple juice: benefits for the body
How can such a product be good for the human body? Due to the high content of vitamins and bioactive substances, this drink has a strengthening and general preventive effect on various organ systems. It is possible to use juice from fresh apples for the treatment of diseases, but only as part of a comprehensive therapeutic course as an adjuvant. In general, it is generally accepted that a natural drink obtained by pressing from fresh, ripe apples produces a cumulative effect.
If you drink apple juice regularly, adhering to the recommended norms, you will get good care of the body.
- replenishes iron stores and prevents the development of anemia;
- strengthens bone and cartilage tissues due to the high content of pectin;
- creates reliable protection against viruses and bacteria, as it contains ascorbic acid;
- has a mild anti-inflammatory effect due to vitamin “C” in the composition;
- rejuvenates, as it contains vitamins “A” and “E”, as well as minerals useful for fighting the aging process;
- is a simple but effective prevention of seasonal vitamin deficiency;
- is considered an effective and useful product for dietary nutrition;
- cheers up, saturates with vital energy, eliminates blues.
Drinking natural apple juice is beneficial for digestion and prevention of infectious lesions of the intestinal mucosa and gastric tract. With the help of a natural apple drink, it is easy to support the immune system during the period of seasonal infections and colds. A glass of apple juice invigorates, satisfies hunger, charges with positive. It’s really delicious!
The benefits of apple juice for men and women
Men and women will appreciate the benefits of this drink. Indeed, the juice contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals that will help maintain youth, health and beauty.
It is believed that drinking natural fresh apple is useful for women during the period of premenstrual syndrome. The symptoms of this condition are mitigated by saturating the body with iron and fruit sugars. Vitamin “C” has a mild analgesic effect, relieves irritability. The taste of the drink itself improves mood. For the same reasons, drinking natural apple juice is useful for women in the premenopausal period, as well as those who have already entered the menopause phase. During pregnancy, this drink helps to smooth out digestive and stool problems. Also, natural juice from apples saturates the body of the expectant mother with microelements necessary for the formation of a healthy child’s body.
The benefits of the drink for men are obvious. The vitamins and minerals contained in the juice contribute to the maintenance of the body, create a lasting defense against stress and fatigue. The juice from apples is also useful for restoration and preservation of potency. Apples – natural protection of blood vessels and heart muscle. Natural apple juice helps brain function. Fresh is useful for athletic and active men.
Is juice good for children?
Natural apple juice is the recommended first food for babies. This drink is considered the most harmless for a fragile child’s body. Green apple juice is given to crumbs up to one year old. First of all, you should ask the pediatrician about whether a baby can drink apple juice. Usually, in the absence of contraindications, it is advised to start introducing this drink into the child’s diet from the age of 4-6 months. This is done gradually and with extreme caution. Indeed, in addition to the obvious benefits and positive effects on the body, apple juice can also cause harm.
In order not to get a negative experience of drinking apple juice, it is important to familiarize yourself with the contraindications!
Harm of apple juice for children and adults
Apples are considered the most hypoallergenic and safe fruit for health. And, nevertheless, not everyone and not always can drink apple juice.
There are the following contraindications:
- increased acidity;
- peptic ulcer and gastritis;
- diabetes mellitus (with caution);
- individual intolerance to the product;
- intestinal disorder of an infectious nature;
- exacerbation of food allergies.
For any chronic diseases or acute pathological conditions, a specialist consultation is necessary.
In some cases, apple juice can provoke the development of the following undesirable reactions from the body:
- bloating, flatulence;
- upset stool (diarrhea, constipation);
- urticaria, allergic edema;
- inflammation of the gastrointestinal mucosa;
- increased blood sugar;
- nausea, vomiting.
Such reactions are possible only in the case of the individual characteristics of the organism and the characteristic state of health. Therefore, choosing for yourself even the most useful and correct product from the point of view of the principles of healthy eating, it is worth using it in moderation and taking into account contraindications.
How to drink apple juice
We usually start trying this product in childhood. For the first time, they try a little natural juice from apples. The permissible volume of the product for the smallest (from 6 to 12 months) does not exceed ½-1 teaspoon at a time. The amount of juice drunk for the child is gradually increased, carefully observing the reaction of the body. If the child’s digestion is not disturbed and there are no allergic reactions, then gradually you can allow the baby to drink more juice.
Recommended norms for children and adults:
- children from 6 months to 2 years old – 20-30 grams per day;
- kids aged 2 to 7 years – ½ – 2/3 glasses per day;
- children aged 7 years and older – 1-2 glasses a day;
- adults – up to 1 liter per day.
Apple juice can be drunk neat. Young children and adults with gastrointestinal problems can be diluted with clean drinking water in a ratio of 1: 1 or 1: 2. The same recommendation holds true for those with sensitive bowels. If, after drinking a glass of juice, you feel a heaviness in your stomach, dilute it with water next time and never exceed the norm!
There are several rules for the reasonable use of fresh (including apple) juices:
- Always drink only freshly prepared juice! Fresh is not stored in the refrigerator and is not harvested for future use.
- Do not drink apple juice on an empty stomach. This can lead to an upset stomach.
- It is better to drink natural juice in the morning. This is not a very good product before bed, as it is slightly invigorating.
- Juice from yellow and green apples is easier to tolerate and is more suitable for people with a sensitive body than a drink from red apples.
- Natural juice should not be sweetened. Fruit sugars do an excellent job of doing this anyway.
- Apple juice without pulp stimulates appetite. Juice with pulp, on the other hand, dampens the feeling of hunger.
- Apple juice can be drunk as a monocomponent drink. But if you get bored, you can combine apples with plums, apricots, grapes, carrots.
- Apples are an almost universal base for fruit, fruit and vegetable, fruit and berry juices.
Natural apple juice is a great product for a healthy diet! Try taking into account the contraindications and recommended rates. Be healthy!